Category:

hoyebdaj

Photo of Syracuse police without masks causing police chief to speak out

first_imgOfficials say the photo in question was taken at the scene of a crash Thursday. Syracuse police officers and Onondaga County deputies appear in the photo. Police Chief Kenton Buckner says the photo is under investigation. The issue is following Governor Andrew Cuomo’s announcement limiting indoor and outdoor gatherings in the state to 10 people. Chief Buckner said, “I’m responsible for these 401 police officers. It appears we have not been following our own rules and again, if I can confirm that, there will be consequences for it.” SYRACUSE (WBNG) — A photo of police officers in Syracuse is causing the city’s top cop to speak out because none of the officers pictured are wearing masks while on the job. As COVID-19 cases continue to rise in the state and close to 5,000 new cases and 21 deaths were reported on Wednesday, the photo is causing residents and the Syracuse police chief concern. Chief Buckner said there are 14 officers that currently have the coronavirus. Buckner also said the virus is the number one killer of police.last_img read more

Holiday home

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Volume control

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

PREMIUMGold price up 20 percent so far this year as investors turn to precious metal to protect wealth

first_imgGoogle Log in with your social account Facebook LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Topics : Linkedin Indonesia commodity gold-prices antam safe-haven share-price-fluctuations IDX Forgot Password ? Gold prices have increased significantly in recent weeks as people have turned to the yellow metal as a safe haven asset amid plummeting share prices.On Tuesday, the price of gold produced by Aneka Tambang reached Rp 924,000 (US$56.67) per gram, a 20 percent surge year-to-date (YTD). During the past week alone, the price of the yellow metal gained 7.55 percent.Meanwhile, the global gold price rallied by 9.9 percent in the past two weeks to US$1,643 per ounce on Monday, after it had fallen to $1,495 per ounce on March 16, according to data from monex.com. The bullion price has gained about 6 percent year-to-date.Precious metal is deemed a safe haven amid volatile financial markets. The commodity will continue to strengthen until the COVID-19 pandemic subsides, analysts say, making it an attractive alternative investment instrument.DBS chief investment officer (CIO) Hou Wey…last_img read more

More than 900 Indonesians, including 47 nurses, test positive for COVID-19 abroad

first_imgThe Foreign Ministry revealed on Wednesday that 47 Indonesian nurses working overseas have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of Indonesians infected abroad to 928.The 47 nurses work in Kuwait, where some 59 Indonesians including the nurses have tested positive for COVID-19, six of whom are still hospitalized. Forty-five are undergoing self-quarantine, while six have recovered and two have died.“We hope the nurses who are working on the frontlines and have been infected will get well soon,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Teuku Faizasyah said in a press briefing on Wednesday. According to the ministry, of the 928 total cases among Indonesians overseas – recorded across 36 foreign territories and 21 international cruise ships – 414 are active cases, while 465 have recovered and 49 have died.The government has pledged to ensure the protection of Indonesians abroad amid the COVID-19 pandemic, including by providing aid and facilitating their repatriation to their hometowns if necessary.In Malaysia, for instance, Faizasyah said that at least 375,341 aid packages had been distributed to Indonesians citizens affected by the country’s lockdown.In addition, the government has facilitated the repatriation of more than 181,000 Indonesian crew members from various cruise liners that have suspended operations due to the pandemic.Topics :last_img read more

More Yemeni children face malnourishment amid aid shortage, coronavirus: UNICEF

first_imgSanitation, immunization and malnutrition programs risk reduction and closure.Yemen’s health system is already on the brink of collapse, kept going through aid. Cholera, malaria and dengue were rife amid a malnourished population even before the coronavirus outbreak.About 7.8 million children are now out of school, putting them at risk of child labor, recruitment into armed groups and child marriage, UNICEF said.”UNICEF has previously said, and again repeats, that Yemen is the worst place in the world to be a child and it is not getting any better,” Nyanti said.Cases of coronavirus infection reported by Yemeni authorities surpassed 1,000 on Wednesday, but the United Nations says the virus is spreading unmitigated in a country with shattered health systems and infections are likely much higher. Topics : Yemen has been wracked for more than five years by a war pitting the Iran-aligned Houthi movement which controls much of the country and a Saudi-led coalition which supports the internationally-recognized government based in the south.Tens of thousands of people have died, many of them civilians, and the ensuing humanitarian crisis has been called the worst in the world.The United Nations has said it does not have enough funding to maintain the aid response, the world’s largest. A pledging event this month raised half of what was needed and aid programs impacting millions are set to close in coming weeks.UNICEF is appealing for $461 million for its humanitarian response, which is currently only 39% funded, and $53 million for its COVID-19 response which is only 10% funded.center_img The number of malnourished children in Yemen could rise to 2.4 million by the end of the year due to a big shortfall in humanitarian funding, the United Nations children’s agency UNICEF said on Friday.A UNICEF report warned of a rise of 20% in the number of malnourished children under the age of five – almost half of all of that age in the country.”If we do not receive urgent funding, children will be pushed to the brink of starvation and many will die,” said UNICEF Yemen representative Sara Beysolow Nyanti. “We cannot overstate the scale of this emergency.”last_img read more

Highlights of the Week

first_imgSubsea World News has put together a recap of the most interesting articles from the previous week (December 03 – December 09). Equinor Boosts Vigdis Production Scotland and Japan Eye New Alliances in Evolving Subsea Sector James Fisher CEO to Step Downcenter_img Siemens and Aker Solutions Form Digital Alliance Fugro Sees IRM Boostlast_img

Theft suspect nabbed

first_imgILOILO City – Police arrested a 54-year-oldman facing theft charges in Barangay Julia, Libacao, Aklan. He was detained in the lockup cell ofthe municipal police station. Resident Eleuterio Zagales had beenhiding from the police for a year. The court recommended a P6,000 for Zagales’temporary liberty./PN Zagales was nabbed on the strength of anarrest warrant around 8:25 a.m. on Oct. 5, police said. last_img

Mayweather: Why I fell out with rap legend 50 Cent

first_img Loading… Promoted Content5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth7 Truly Incredible Facts About Black HolesWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?12 Iconic Actors Whose Careers Were Stunted By A Single Movie5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World Mayweather’s spending habits are notorious. He has a car collection worth millions that includes FOUR Rolls Royces and two Bugattis – both worth in excess of £1m each. Money also loves his bling and reportedly spent just under £1m on a diamond-encrusted Hublot watch during a shopping trip in Dubai. And in his own typical style, Mayweather explained that he is living the most comfortable of lives. He added: “My thing is this. This is the truth. “Right now today, I could sit in my house and do nothing for the rest of my life and I would still collect money every week until the casket closed.” 50 Cent was once a valued member of Mayweather’s circle with the pair inseparable. read also:Nigeria boxer, Efe Ajagba joins Floyd Mayweather’s ex-manager But their recent online feud traces back to 2012, when Mayweather was released from prison. Jackson claimed he was owed money by the boxer having taken care of the fighter’s promotional banner. Despite the back and forths between the two, Mayweather said the beef was totally random and he never put a foot wrong with the American artist. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img Boxing legend, Floyd Mayweather, has said that 50 Cent fell out with him because he wouldn’t “give him half of his company”. The two global megastars have been at loggerheads since 2012, having previously been great friends. Mayweather has previously said that the fall-out was down to business disagreements. And now, speaking to the Champside podcast, the retired undefeated boxer has elaborated on some of the finer details. Talking about his former friend, the 43-year-old said: “You can’t hang out with me every day for years then all of a sudden if I don’t give you half of my company you’re like ‘you’re dumb, you’re stupid, you can’t do this and you can’t do that’. “But if I can’t do all these things, why are you hanging around with me? That’s all I’m trying to add. “If I’m such a person that doesn’t know certain things, and I’m not that sharp, why you want to be around with me every day.” In February this year rapper 50 Cent claimed that Mayweather needed to return to boxing as he had “run out of money”. Mayweather officially walked away from the ring in 2017 after beating UFC star Conor McGregor in a lucrative crossover bout. 50 Cent – real name Curtis Jackson – told Hot 97: “I think he got to right now because the money’s gone. “It’s the fight, get the money, spend the money, fight. “With the lifestyle that money’s gone. Trust me. Now it’s like if you call him he’ll be at your local nightclub because he needs that action right now.”last_img read more

Other Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2018: Telugu Titans beat Patna Pirates 41-36

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Visakhapatnam: Telugu Titans ended their home leg of Vivo Pro Kabaddi League Season 6 in style, beating defending champions Patna Pirates 41-36 here Thursday. Rahul Chaudhari, who became the second man to reach the 800-raid point mark in Pro Kabaddi, led the Titans’ charge with 13 points. Nilesh Salunke supported Chaudhari well and scored 9 raid points.Pardeep Narwal had a slow first half yet top scored for the Patna Pirates with 12 points. Both Patna Pirates and Telugu Titans remain in contention for a place in the playoffs.Telugu Titans got off to a dream start as Nilesh Salunke made a super raid and took out four Patna players in the second minute. Vijay made a two-point raid in the third minute as Patna Pirates trailed 2-6.Also Read | IPL 2019 Auctions: Five uncapped Indian players who stole the show with big bucksIn the fourth minute Telugu Titans inflicted an all out to lead 11-5. Patna’s star raider Pardeep Narwal was struggling to get points on board and that reflected in Patna’s performance.It was the Pirates’ defence that kept them in the first half. They trailed 11-19 after 14 minutes but things got worse as they suffered another all out in the 15th minute.With Narwal unable to get off the mark in the first half, Patna Pirates went into the break trailing 15-26.last_img read more